Saturday, January 9, 2021

Second Life


 



Second Life is an online virtual world that allows users to create an avatar who can act like a real person. It ensures users interact with other avatars, places, and objects. Besides, users can meet other users and socialize, participate in both individual and group activities, shop, and also do various activities. Besides, users can meet other users and socialize, participate in both individual and group activities, shop, and also do various activities.  Second Life's main aim is to provide an environment for users that they can do whatever they want.  Moreover, Second Life can be used for educational purposes. Through Second Life language learners can improve oral communication skills, expand their vocabulary, and be able to practice with natives. In language learning one of the serious barriers is shyness. Users can get rid of their shyness because it is a virtual life and be more confident about their language skills. 







I created an avatar in Second Life. It was an amazing experience for me to interact with people who can able to speak English. I used my microphone to speak with other avatars and observe my progress. You can also use the chatbox if you do not prefer speaking. You can see my avatar above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

7 WEEKS FOR OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE   Hello everyone,  I would like to give you information about my open and distance learning jo...